Gathering Evidence After Medical Malpractice
Suffering medical negligence due to a surgical error, misdiagnosis or another negligent act can be devastating. You may have incurred substantial medical bills, in addition to now facing potential physical and emotional consequences.
Here at Elam & Rousseaux, PLLC, our attorneys understand the frustration and confusion you face after suffering medical malpractice. We leverage our combined 90 years of experience to evaluate your case and inform you of your options from the start. A critical part of the legal process is gathering evidence to support your case. This can be a long and arduous process, and it is imperative to get an early start to avoid unnecessary delays in the case. Evidence comes in many different forms, and it is crucial to choose an attorney who knows what to look for, where to find it and how to use it to your advantage.
Forms Of Evidence
The process of gathering evidence can become complicated due to the nature of the claim, the medical provider in question, your medical history and more. Because of this, getting started as soon as possible can be beneficial.
Examples of evidence to support your claim can include:
- Medical records. Your medical records, including mental health records, can be one of the most important sources of evidence, detailing the type of care you received.
- Insurance information. This can include copies of your health or disability insurance.
- Hospital bills. Whether you have health insurance or paid for your medical expenses out of pocket, it can be helpful to save copies of all invoices and bills.
- Proof of lost income. To pursue damages for time you were forced to be away from your job, providing proof of lost time from work and income can be critical.
- Defendant-supplied documents. It can also be helpful to save copies of any communication or documents you received from the defendant.
We take it upon ourselves to gather as much evidence as possible without disturbing you and your recovery. When you need to be involved, we strive to make the process as efficient and straightforward as possible. You can count on our legal team to collect the evidence necessary to strengthen your medical malpractice claim.
Let Us Fight On Your Behalf
The process of gathering evidence for medical malpractice is not easy, but thankfully, you do not have to do it alone. You can rely on our experienced attorneys to bolster your claim and fight on your behalf in the courtroom when necessary.