When It Matters Most
Michael J. Rousseaux
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- North Carolina, 1990
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1996
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ in Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
Assisting Medical Malpractice Victims in Charlotte
Michael was born in Madrid, Spain where he lived the first five years of his life. Following this, he lived in France, Canada, Pennsylvania, Illinois, North Carolina and Florida. He attended college and law school in North Carolina, and upon graduating in 1990 from the Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, he got married and decided to establish his personal and professional roots in the Charlotte Metro area.
Michael recalls first being drawn to the legal field when he participated in a mock trial in the sixth grade. As a teenager he became involved with the Boy Scouts of America’s Exploring Program which allowed him to learn more about the field of law through meeting members of the legal community. While studying accounting in college, he had his eyes set on law school the entire time. During Michael’s last year in law school, his father suffered the loss of an eye as a result of a medical error. Seeing firsthand the devastation that can result from medical malpractice became the catalyst for Michael’s career.
The first three years of his career were spent with a general practice firm, learning how to be an attorney, and being exposed to many different areas of practice. The next eight years he worked as insurance defense attorney learning how to be a trial attorney. Since 2002, Michael has leveraged his experience as a defense attorney and combined that with his passion for representing injured people, whether those injuries were caused by medical negligence like his father or motor vehicle negligence.
For the last 18 years, Michael has lived in Weddington, NC with his wife Cathy. Together they have two daughters, Alex and Maddy. He is a member of Carmel Baptist Church and an avid tennis player as a member of multiple USTA and Queen City teams.
At our firm, we are family and will treat you like family. Our team of Charlotte personal injury attorneys can ensure that you are well taken care of. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help!
- Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Buies Creek, North Carolina
- Juris Doctor - 05/1990
- Gardner-Webb University, Boiling Springs, North Carolina
- B.S. - 05/1987
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Accounting
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association (1990 – present)
- North Carolina Bar Association (1990 – present)
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice (2002 – present)
Classes & Seminars
- “Collection Law in North Carolina” – Lorman Education Services, Charlotte, North Carolina, October 1992
- “Medical Malpractice Meets Nursing Home Litigation: What do we have in common and what can we learn from each other?” – North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Raleigh, North Carolina, March 2014
- Volunteer, Facilitator for Special Olympics Tennis (2013 – present)
- Member, Personnel Committee - Carmel Baptist Church (2016 – Present)
- Templeton & Raynor, P.A., Associate, 1995 to 2002
- Wishart, Norris, Henniger & Pittman, P.A., Associate, 1994 to 1995
- Waggoner, Hennrick, Hasting, Monteith & Kratt, Associate, 1990 to 1994